Dear friends and family,
I would like to thank everyone for their kind messages and many of you coming to see me and be with me. Yesterday was a great day; for the first time, I was able to stand up while holding onto the parallel bars. It felt so great to be upright. It's the first time in three months I've seen myself as a whole person.
Today was another big day; it began when I styled my own hair and looked like myself again. In the afternoon I worked out with my therapist who, when I sat up at the edge of the bed on my own, got tears in her eyes. People in this hospital are so kind and professionally they are so good; I'm really fortunate to be here.
If I'm lucky, I may be home within a matter of weeks!
Keep following the blog for further developments, and thank you again for your kind wishes and prayers.
Love,
JoAnne

That is so impressive JoAnne! You deserve to be a proud patient. No surgery today?
ReplyDeleteSusan
What great news! Glad to hear you are doing so well. You look great! You are always in my thoughts:) Love you! XOXO Gilly
ReplyDeleteWoot woot! I am so proud of you, and you ought to be proud of yourself. I think you look beautiful (and all my friends following this blog agree!). I love you so much, and I am very excited for you. xoxoxoxo Thorey
ReplyDeleteYay, Aunt JoAnne!!! I was SO excited when I heard this news! You look amazing and completely yourself! Your strength and endurance is an inspiration to us all. Love you!! Forward, ho!
ReplyDeleteKatie
So many happy tears!!! You are amazing!!! So proud of you and you'll be home sooner than you know it! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteEstás guapísima, y que contenta estoy de verte sonreir. Te echo mucho de menos pero me aguanto. Te quiero mucho JOAnne.
ReplyDeleteEsta sonrisa " picarona" ya es de nuestra Joana!!! Como me alegro de ver estas fotos.... Y como dice Roser, estas Guapisima!!!! pronto te podremos ver en persona.... Un BESO muy FUERTE y +++++++++++
ReplyDeleteLooking great AJ! Amazing progress with all of your hard work.
ReplyDeleteQueridísima Joana, ¡qué alegría verte tan, tan bien! Eres maravillosa y sorprendente. Te queremos mucho. Un abrazo muy fuerte de mí y de toda mi familia, en especial de Maruja. Esperamos verte pronto!
ReplyDeleteWOOT AJ! I can't believe how fast you're recovering! You look amazing! Keep up the hard work :O). We all love you sooo much! And I agree with Maria Jose, YOU are marvelous! :O) Give us more posts! Love you!!!
ReplyDeleteOh Joanne! I am so thrilled to suddenly have YOU writing the blog! My keyboard is covered with tears! I love you so much....I am so happy to see your smile...cute hairdo and the blue eyeshadow looks really pretty too...but especially your smile...and YOU!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo Lori I am so happy....
ReplyDeleteHOLA JOANA
ReplyDeleteAqui tu aijado preferido te veo muy bien hasta mas joven , me pregunto como llevas lo del tabaco .
Al grupo han llegado dos chicas nuevas por aqui hay novedades .
E conseguido que me indemnicen en el trabajo de las motos a final de año me voy .
E comprado un camion nuevo como ya te adelante.
El mastin se murio de viejo y el doberman esta vivo porque no e tenido tiempo de matarlo , ahora ya se me a pasado el enfado , por culpa de los gatos me esta rompiendo todo lo tengo encerrado dia y noche a ver si lo entiende pero lo saco un rato por la noche y lo primero que hace es ir a por los gatos asi que al calabozo que va.
Tenemos muchas ganas de verte me gustaria saber el dia que llegas , la hora , el vuelo etc. si puedo ire al aeropuerto .
UN FUERTE ABRAZO.